This visa is granted to foreigners who plan to study in the United States. The process begins with the student's enrollment in the study center, which issues the necessary certificate for the student to apply for the visa at the embassy. It is a simple and very fast process.
The embassy will issue a visa whose duration depends on the time the foreigner will be studying in the United States.


The K-1 visa is for the foreign spouse engaged in marriage to an American citizen. This visa is also commonly called the "Fiancé visa". The K-1 visa is given to a foreigner who intends to marry his/her American girlfriend/boyfriend once he or she arrives in the United States. The American citizen must file a petition on behalf of his girlfriend/her boyfriend before the Immigration authorities. After the petition is approved, the bride/groom will obtain a K-1 visa at a US embassy or consulate in their country of residence. The marriage must take place within 90 days after the fiance arrives in the United States. After this process, the person is entitled to begin their process to obtain legal residence through a family petition.

K3 / K4 VISA

Legal Immigration Family Equality (LIFE) of 2000 created the two new categories of K3 and K4 visa for the spouse of an American citizen who is abroad awaiting an immigrant visa, and for children under the age of 21 years of this spouse. This allows them to enter the United States as nonimmigrants, reunite with their family, and once in the United States, apply for their legal resident status.


The purpose of this visa is for a company that is legally constituted in the United States to hire a professional or a worker with equivalent experience.
The company, which is commonly called the sponsor, must offer a position that requires a professional, have sufficient financial stability to hire him/her, and offer him/her a market salary. The professional's immediate family (spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21) may also obtain legal status to live in the United States (H-4 Visa).
The Professional with the H-1B visa status can only work for the US employer and only in the activities described in the initial petition.
This visa is granted for 3 years and can be extended for 3 more years. If the company wants to have this employee permanently, they can request a labor certification and thus obtain permanent legal residence.


The purpose of this visa is to transfer employees of executive level or with specialized knowledge from a foreign company to its parent, branch, subsidiary or affiliate in the United States.
This visa requires the employee to have worked for at least one consecutive year for the past three years at the foreign company.
The subsidiary in the United States will have to demonstrate that it has sufficient financial stability to offer this position and offer a market salary. The two companies could have different names and activities.
This visa is granted for a period of three years, with extensions of two years, and the maximum duration of the visa is seven years and may lead the employee and his/her family to legal permanent residence.
This visa will allow the employee to work legally, but exclusively for his/her sponsor. His/her spouse and children under the age of 21 will obtain an L2 visa that will allow them to reside and study in the United States. His/her spouse may apply for an employment authorization.

If you are thinking of starting a company in the United States, we can help you. If the company in the United States has less than one year at the time of applying for the L visa (s), these will be initially granted for one year, but may be renewed for up to 7 years in extensions of 2 years each time.

Add Your Comment